Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 02



For today --

Outside My Window...the summer sun is shining bright. There aren't any kids out this afternoon. Its too hot.

I am thinking...about all the things I somehow managed to get accomplished today.

I am thankful for...computers & email. They make organization so much easier.

From the kitchen...I have chicken thawing for a grilled chicken salad. My husband and I are doing Michael Thurmon's 6 Week Body Makeover. Trying to eat healthier, and lose weight. 10 pounds for me so far.

I am wearing... jean shorts, turquose shirt, barefoot, ....and my new short hair :)

I am creating...my brain. Otherwise known as a Household Handbook. Holds all my to-do lists, cleaning & organizing lists, calendars, ect....

I am going...to try making a pillowcase dress for my daughter. I have seen sveral cute patterns for it and while garage-saling last week came across an entire stack of vintage pillowcases.
I am reading..."Twice Loved" by Lori Copeland

I am hoping... to make it to the city this week...to the best used-christian bookstore ever, to shop for some homeschool books for Ashleigh's kindergarten.

I am hearing...my children in a singing competition with each other. Louder & louder! And a neighbor is mowing his tall brown grass.

Around the house...things could be better!

One of my favorite things... is taking long walks at dusk.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: babysitting 3 little girls tomorrow, having lunch with both my sisters on wednesday, our church's "30-somethings" home-group bbq on saturday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

"No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being." -Ansel Adams
(If you would like to join this meme, visit: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...