Friday, August 15, 2008

My Husband Rocks -- friday

I recently found this new blogroll "My Husband Rocks!" where on fridays, ladies post/brag on why they love their husband so much. I totally love this. Marriage is truly a beautiful & sacred thing. In this day & age, the beauty & value of marriage has been desecrated. I know many young women -- in their early 20's who are already divorced and now bitter against love, commitment, and men in general. This is so sad. Marriage does takes work. It's not easy, nor is it always fun. But worth every minute.

There is a little company started by a husband & wife called -- from*me tees --http://www.frommetees.com/ Their mission statement: "To enhance marriage relationships, communicate a positive image of marriage, and encourage/support the sanctity of the marriage covenant between a man and a woman in a fun and stylish way."

"One of the great and wonderful mysteries of life is that loving each other in action--what we do and say--produces romance. Everything in our culture today teaches the opposite, that romance turns into love, but nothing could be further from the truth. Love is a choice and we decide how we're going to treat each other in the good and in the not-so-good times. What a hope-giving reality that a strong relationship can be built, simply by changing how we interact with our spouse. Marriage was created to be a blessing and a little kindness and respect goes a long way. Accept the fact that your spouse isn't perfect and then start taking notice of all the good things they bring to the table! Pretty soon you can train your mind to be grateful for who they are as opposed to feeling disappointed about who they are not. When you allow yourself to believe that your spouse rocks, you will free yourself from the downward spiral of self-pity, disappointment, and even despair. The key is to change yourself! And you'll be surprised at the positive affect it has on the one you choose to love...and you!"
"No husband is perfect and it doesn’t really matter. What matters is how I set myself up to think about him. If I focus on his failures, his annoyances, or ways in which I’ve felt hurt by him, then I will interact with him as a hurt and frustrated and disappointed wife. That makes for miserable living for me and my husband and those around us. But if I focus on his strengths, his potential, and the ways in which I feel blessed by him, then I will interact with him as a forgiving, blessed, and contented wife. And there’s no greater need a man has than to feel respected by his wife. If he feels like all he does is hurt, disappoint, and frustrate, then the same atmosphere and the same actions will be perpetuated. But if he feels that his wife can be happy and responsive regardless of his shortcomings, he feels respected and empowered. Then a positive atmosphere is perpetuated and actions, once destructive, can improve in an environment that is rich for cultivation and growth into deepened respect and intimacy." (from the From*me Tees Mission Reflection )

Let's begin a movement -- putting marriage in a positive light. Fighting to restore marriage as a sacred union, between a man & woman. I challenge you to start in your own home. With your own marriage. Encourage your husband. Go out of your way to show him respect and make him feel loved.

My husband is an amazingly patient man. He is my hero.
As a MOP, (mother of preschoolers) some days...well, ok..MOST days are pure insanity. Chasing after an almost 2 yr old and keeping ahead of an almost 5 yr old, while trying to keep some semblance of order to our mess; I end up feeling so overwhelmed and frazzled. And then there are the days where my parenting skills are really tested. You know what I'm talking about -- you've tried every trick in the Dare to Discipline book and still don't seem to be making any head-way. When one of these particularly challenging days comes along...I struggle with wanting/not wanting to call my husband, because here he is working all day to provide for us and so I can stay home. He has his own schedules and lists and stresses to get through at work. So when he calls, what do I do? Vent! and cry and probably whine a little bit. Now, he doesn't like hearing we're having issues. But beyond that, he comes up with ideas for solutions. He's good at that. I love that he knows the power of his words and he speaks peace, and order, and joy into whatever the situation is. Thereby calming me down when I need it most. He is able to calm me down with sweet, encouraging words that let me know that I'm a good mom, and a good wife, and not to give up.
Thank you, dear man. You rock!

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

Wonderful. I love these encouraging words..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...