Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trash or Treasure?

My favorite quote of the week...found on facebook, a friend says "I officially have grounds for divorce. Yes, that's right. He once again gave away something from my junk pile to the scrap metal guy. Grrrrr..........."

The old saying "one man's junk is another man's treasure" sure rings true. LOL

I have always had a love for finding things....garage sales, flea markets, junk piles, old attics,...
I love the rush of treasure hunting.
I love the hidden (usually forever un-told) story behind things.
I love imagining and making up stories of who owned it...how they got it, what they used it for, how they loved it.
And I especially love the new show on the History Channel....American Pickers! Have you seen it?!


This is actually season two, but I didn't get in on til the end of last season.

Just two normal guys, Antique Archaeologists , driving around the country in a van...scouring yards and barns for treasure. Mike & Frank love the history behind the pieces they find. The people they meet are the true stars of the show.


What was one of your favorite finds? Mine is an old old sewing machine. And my old books.
I would love to find and old typewriter...and maybe a camera.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love your show, wish you
were on more than just on mondays. keep on picken!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...