Friday, July 8, 2011
Friday's Fave Five - Blessings of the week
1. We went out early in the week to pick blueberries at a local farm. 6 pounds in the HOT summer sun. But oh, how we have enjoyed them. On oatmeal, in pancakes, muffins, strawberry pie, and two batches of jam.
2. A surprise visit from my nephew and his bride of 1 month. They drove up to spend the 4th with us. That evening during fireworks, one mis-fired, aiming across the field straight at our quilt. My new niece was the worst hit, singed her hair and burned the top of her ear, we are so relieved she is ok, so thankful for God's protection.
3. The kids had so much fun with new friends this weekend at the different events. My mountain man/biker husband did too :)
4. We picked the very first ripe tomatoes from our little garden this week!
5. Logan. My heart is tearing up just trying to type this...how grateful I am.
By this 4 yr old bundle of independence.
At a cookout Sun night, we almost lost him. He had suddenly disappeared from sight and I found him struggling in the deep swimming pool, all alone. What could have been a horrific accident, God kept his angels around that little boy and got him out of the water.
He and I both have been dealing with some residual effects, such as fear, since that night. We have had lots of talks and prayers together. It has been beautiful to see how God has turned what was meant for evil into something good.
Logan knows God has big plans for his life.
He knows God is always by his side...and today he told me, "And Mom he is also in my heart!" I questioned him to see what he meant. "Last night, when I couldn't sleep because I wanted to cry, I asked Jesus into my heart." he explained.
Nothing touches a mother's heart more than these words.
There is nothing we can take to heaven with us. No possessions.
Just our children.