Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday's Fave Five Moments


1. Watching my little 2 yr old's curls bouncing to & fro as she walked up the aisle as a flower girl in my nephew's wedding


2. Taking a three hour motorcycle ride thru the country with my husband.

3. My Mom found the book "A Big Ball of String" at a garage sale. Written in the 50's, was one that we had growing up and I LOVED it! Now I get to read it to my own kids.

4. My littlest has decided to fight nap times and climbs out of her crib...she has never been a cuddler or liked being rocked. Now, that is the only way that she will go to sleep! And after the strong-willed fight gets settled down, I am loving that quiet moment with her. Just holding her close. Watching her little eyelids slowly flutter shut.

5. This is probably not what I should consider a blessing....but how about if I just say this was a great moment to appreciate my child's sense of humor! Our seven yr old asked why "Daddy is 60 yrs older than Mommy?" (she actually meant "six" lol)

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

So you have your own blog, too. That comment from your daughter is hilarious. Have a wonderful weekend.

Catherine said...

I'll bet your daughter was a sweet flower girl.

My boys only liked being cuddled and rocked when it was time to go to sleep, too. They are so precious as their eyelids get heavy.

I hope you all enjoy the new book!
-Catherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...