Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - July 26th



For Today: Tuesday, July 26th 2011


Outside my window...the yard is mowed and edges trimmed. Its looks nice. And the neighbor's new miniature pincher is running, hopping, and yipping, hoping to get my children's attention.

I am thinking...and praying about some family issues. I have two brothers and two sisters, in-laws, nieces and nephews. And when one of them is going thru something or hurting...we all hurt :(

I am thankful for...quiet time. Keira is the only one who still takes a nap, but I have re-instated the quiet time rule for an hour after lunch. Full time, stay- at-home mommies have to have a break sometime!


From the learning rooms...well, I found Starfall, an online phonics program that I think would work great for Logan this year. I still need to order 3rd grade Rod & Staff workbooks for Ashleigh.



In the kitchen....homemade chicken fried rice and crab rangoon!

I am wearing...denim shorts, and gray summer shirt

I am creating...an online virtual bulletin board.
I am going...to sort thru some stuff from our garage sale. Have several things I can sell online. I love our community facebook garage sale group page.

I am reading...To Win Her Heart, by Karen Witmeyer

I am hoping...to get some writing time in this week. Still working on a book project.

I am hearing...my two maids: Wilma Washing Machine and Dora Dryer working hard :)

Around the house...the kids did their chores this morning. I still haven't made my bed! And the study is a mess from trying to sort and organize.

One of my favorite things...new magazines. I love All You, Better Homes & Gardens, Country Living, Rachael Ray,....

A few plans for the rest of the week...still working with the kids on learning new chores and responsibilities, a trip to the library to get their last prize for summer reading, a dentist appt for me, a rare Saturday with Dad home.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…the beautiful Sturdevant Acres Bed & Breakfast where we had our MOPS steering team retreat. How I would love to sit on that porch every day!



1 comment:

golferjulie said...

You are so elequent! Thanks for the B&B plug! Love ya girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...