Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


Here is my Daybook entry for today ~ November 24th, 2008
Outside my window. . .the night is clear and cold. The smell of the neighbors woodsmoke makes me long for a fireplace to snuggle in front of.
I am thinking. . .about the projects around the house that I want to finish up before we leave wednesday evening for Illinois.
From the learning room. . .we are reading stories about fall & thanksgiving. Doing turkey crafts.
I am thankful for. . . God's mercies being new every morning. Each new day to make memories with my family. Each day a fresh start at being a better mother.
From the kitchen. . .lingers the smell of tonight's supper. Little meatloaf muffins, mashed potatoes, and cream cheese corn.
I am wearing. . .jammies & slippers.
I am creating. . .a song playlist to place on my blog. Need to have the perfect "fall" feeling songs.
I am going. . . to freeze pumpkin tomorrow for pies & treats over the winter.
I am reading...All Through the Night, by Davis Bunn. And the Power of Thanksgiving. And my new Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook :)
I am hoping. . . my husband is blessed in the woods tomorrow morning. It's the last day of the season and he has yet to get a deer.
I am hearing. . .my maids hard at work, drying clothes and washing dishes.
Around the house. . .its quiet and very peaceful.
One of my favorite things. . .Hallmark movies...and snow!
A few plans for the rest of the week. . .finish housework projects. MOPS steering team meeting. Catch up ALL laundry, & pack. Celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in Illinois.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing: one of our crafts today. The gleeful pilgrim hunter and a sad, sad, little turkey.



To read other's Daybook entries, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to find the list of participants in this week’s The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment...I would love to hear about your Monday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...