Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


For today -- 09-08-08


Outside My Window...it is dark. A slice of moon is peeking out between clouds, and the tempature is dropping. They are saying possibly 5o's tonight.

I am thinking...about our first day of school (today!) and how well it went. Short, since the workbooks I ordered havent arrived yet, but it was a good practice session for us in following our daily schedule, sitting still for a time, having the tv off.
I am thankful for...my daughter's good behavior and use of manners today. After yesterday's attitude issues, I wasnt sure I could survive a repeat.

From the kitchen...our special fall mix -- consisiting of candy corn and peanuts. The perfect blend of sweet & salty.

I am wearing... jeans, white tank top, light green hoodie

I am creating...a lapbook lesson plan on the first American Girl book about Felicity. I think Ashleigh will enjoy it.

I am going...to bed early tonight.

I am reading...blogs tonight. I havent been on the computer in a few days, so alot of catching up to do.

I am hoping...for a chance to scrapbook pictures from my daughter's birthday.
I am hearing...HGtv in in the background. Earlier this eve, I heard my almost two yr old singing " Jesus Loves Me" by himself for the first time. awwwwww....made mommy cry.
Around the house...the kids are falling asleep, bathtub is still draining, and my husband is working on somebody's computer.

One of my favorite things... autumn! The spicy smells, the cool crispness in the air, the earthy colors of rust, burgandy, browns, and golds.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: finish the lapbook plans, invite a friend to MOPS, teach at our homeschool co-op, call our insurance about a windshield crack,.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...