Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


Read other Simple Women Daybooks at its temporary summer location: Grandmother Wren's blog

For Today -July 20th, 2009 -

Outside my window...clouds are starting to roll in and cover up the noon-day sun. Supposed to get a summer rain storm this evening.

I am thinking...about how difficult it is to become more organized. Is it just the stage of family life we are currently in, with a 5 yr old, 2 yr old, and baby coming soon? Or is it just me and something I have to work to push through?

From the learning rooms... Ashleigh is working on the days of the week and how to tie her shoes.

I am thankful for... for all that we were able to accomplish last week. Got the tub of baby blankets dug out of the storage closet. Kids game/activity closet is organzied and labeled. Took a bunch of publicity shots for my author friend. Made & delivered fresh blueberry muffins for a bake sale.

From the kitchen...grilled chicken & zuchinni, and garlic mashed potatoes, with iced tea.

I am wearing...gray shorts with a big t-shirt that has little strawberry fingerprints on it.

I am reading...some Kraft & old Taste of Home cooking magazines. Trying to get motivated and find some easy meal ideas. As my due date gets closer, I feel less and less like being on my feet & working.

I am hoping... I am creating...a new cover for my old boppy pillow.

I am praying...and believing for God's provision in all areas of my life.

Around the house...Ashleigh & Logan are finishing up their lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches, cheese nips, and berries, before taking afternoon naps, so that Mom can put her feet up for a bit!

One of my favorite things...hammocks swaying in a gentle breeze.

A few plans for the rest of the week...enjoy a restful summer week with my kids, maybe play at the pool some; read books together; have a tea party or two; as well as finish washing, folding, and sorting thru baby clothes; find a bassinet, and keep the house clean-ish ;)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Me, between a couple of sweet friends at our church. You can't see my big belly. LOL


1 comment:

The Man Crew said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook with us all. I love reading about young moms that are busy at home, enjoying their children and serving God. Have a blessed week and I'll be praying for a safe and uneventful delivery of your sweet new baby!
Blessings,
Kristy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...