Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook

Read other Simple Women Daybooks at its temporary summer location: Grandmother Wren's blog

For Today -July 13th, 2009 -
Outside my window...
it is a rainy gray day.

I am thinking...
how nice a nap sounds right about now!

From the learning rooms...
we are still on summer vacation.

I am thankful for...
those little glimpses of hope from our children, when we actually see some results from all the disciplining and know that they "really got it" !!

From the kitchen...
fresh-sliced peaches

I am wearing...
blue capris and a gray maternity shirt. barefoot of course.

I am reading...
a new novel from Lisa T Bergren called "Breathe". About a girl suffering with consupmtion in the mid 1800's and her life of recovery in the Rocky Mtns. Also reading Lisa Whelchel's "Taking Care of the Me in Mommy"

I am hoping...
that there is at least a little bit of sunshine interspersed in this gray week.

I am creating...
have been working on scrapbooking one of my old wooden window frames that I found at a garage sale awhile back. I havent decided if I will place photos on it or just the paper.

I am praying...
that the last 6 weeks of this pregnancy go by as quickly and smoothly as the rest of it has. Seems like everywhere I turn lately, someone has lost a baby. Makes me very sad.

Around the house...
lots of laundry from kids wetting the beds :( And having to use several big towels to mop up all the water that Logan sprayed on the kitchen floor.

One of my favorite things...
hearing Logan get excited about having a "boot beer float". He always knows how to make me smile.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
a quick over-night visit from the in-laws; an ob appt; sorting thru & re-doing the kids game/art closet; still hoping to pick more blueberries; a Wonders of Wildlife fieldtrip at the library.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Breakfast in the Backyard

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...