Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rainy Day FUN

Since it was a rainy day and our outdoor plans weren't happening, Ashleigh & Logan decided to take matters into their own hands. A tent of-sorts was soon constructed in the living room. Coloring books and crayons were brought out. Crackers and juice boxes and teddy bears too.
They had quite the time playing together, and forgot all about the dreary day outdoors.
Later in the day, after naps, they were "bored" again. But Mommy had a secret back-up plan!
A few weeks ago, I hit the mother-load at a garage sale. Board books for Logan, dress-up dolls for Ashleigh, rubber stamps, farm animal magnets, plastic toy food, some baggies of dinosaurs and cars, and even a little tikes easel w/chalk board on one side. All for just a few dollars. I somehow managed to keep these things hidden. It is now my "Rainy Day Box". I pulled out a couple of "new" items to suprise them this afternoon. They played the rest of the day with them.
I like when days go smooth like that :)
I am reminded of the verse about how God's mercies are new every morning. I think its kind of like my "rainy day box". Think of all the blessings and all the grace that He has, hiding away, and He is just waiting to pull out something new for us. Every day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, love rainy days.:) Call me crazy!

And I love the box of goodies.
Great thought!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...