Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - Nov 23rd, 2010


FOR TODAY ~ November 23rd, 2010


::Outside my window...today is sunny & chilly. Just yesterday, we were having thunderstorms & tornado warnings.

::I am thinking...of ideas & ways to teach gratitude to children. I heard a great program on Focus on the Family that got me thinking about it.

::I am thankful for...family. A close-knit family.

:From the learning rooms...a lot of "real life" learning recently. Not as much book work as I would like to be doing. I'm trying to not stress over it...soon we will have the schoolroom unpacked and put to rights.

::From the kitchen...tea pot is starting to whistle on the stove.

::I am wearing...jeans & a brown long sleeved t-shirt.

::I am creating...some fingerless gloves, after my Mom gave me a refresher course in knitting!

::I am going...to pick up some clutter, light some pumpkin candles, and make a pot of coffee before some friends get here this afternoon.

::I am reading...Ha! who has the time?!

::I am hoping...we see snow soon :)

::I am hearing...Ashleigh reading a Little House story to her little brother & sister...as well as the toy zhu zhu pet hamsters,though I'm not sure they're listening!

::Around the house...things are becoming comfortable as we continue to empty boxes, hang pictures...now that tv and internet are hooked up, things are certainly easier.

::One of my favorite things...down comforters. And feather pillows.

::A few plans for the rest of the week: clean house, cook/host Thanksgiving dinner with some of the family here, try to clip & organize some coupons, downtown Christmas Parade on Saturday. Packing up the fall decor and possibly setting up the tree.

::Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...