Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY August 30, 2010. . .


Outside my window . . . . its cooling off for the evening.


I am thinking . . . that we had a really good first day of school! Much more peaceful and scheduled than I expected. I am thankful for . . . unexpected miracles.


From the learning rooms . . . I tried to make it a special first day. We fixed blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Took some "first day" pictures. Gave the kids each a pencil box filled with new crayons, pencils, pencil sharpeners, bubble gum, ...and then did some reviewing of past lessons so we can get back in the flow. Ashleigh is starting 2nd grade and Logan is Pre-K.


From the kitchen . . . got a crockppot started early this morning, full of vegetable beef soup and homemade cornbread.


I am wearing . . . gray sweat shorts and a black t shirt.


I am creating . . . a fun learning environment.


I am going . . . to work on my coupon binder and notes later.


I am reading . . . Educating the Wholehearted Child by Clay & Sally Clarkson. Absolutely love this book! Its very refreshing.




I am hoping. . .


I am hearing . . . Guy Fietti on the food network.


Around the house . . . I am happy to say, chores are done, toys are picked up, kitchen is cleaned and dishwasher is running. The kids did good with helping with their chores today.


One of my favorite things . . . my new soft, brown, rocking/recliner chair. I haven;t got to sit in it much, but savored the times I did.


A few plans for the rest of the week: staying focused on getting back into the swing of school, need to catch up on my blog writings, have a MOPS steering team meeting tomorrow night, and prepare for Ashleigh's 7th bday tea party on Saturday!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . Keira's 1st birthday :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...