Monday, October 26, 2009

Mondays Simple Woman's Daybook



A look into my simple life....and others at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook Blog



FOR TODAY...October 26th


Outside my window... its is gray and chilly once again. Saturday, a gorgeous sunny fall day, might have been our last chance to see the trees in all their glorious autumn splendor.


I am thinking...about how nice a long hot bubble bath or massage would be right now.


I am thankful for...the dear boy who is snuggling on my lap while I blog. I'm gthankful he isn't too big to cuddle with mommy...yet.


I am wearing...blue yoga pants and my red church tshirt. And actually got my hair in a ponytail today. Hair is getting long enough...thinking about a new short do.


I am remembering...how my Dad loved Marguerite Henry books. Our favorite was "Brighty of the Grand Canyon". He would read it aloud to us during the winter. This morning I taught my kids the silly braying donkey song that he taught us!


I am going...to have to sort and change out baby clothes again already. Keira is outgrowing many of her 0-3 months outfits. She is also smiling, cooing, and reaching for stuff now too though :) They grow so fast!


I am reading...AGAINST ALL ODDS by Irene Hannon. Its book 1 of the Heroes of Quantico series. I accidently read #2 first! Its a christian novel about an FBI Hostage Rescue Team.


I am hoping... for a mild winter....with lots of snow. But not to cold, and NO ice storms!


On my mind...how frustrating it is to teach children not to interrupt.


From the learning rooms...phonics, spelling, math, bible reading, penmanship. oh...and play-doh.


Noticing that...its getting chilly in the house. Need to turn the furnace on.


Pondering these words..."oh how He loves us". From a new David Crowder song. Love it.


From the kitchen...we're fixing greasy cheeseburgers and french fries tonight :)


Around the house...have moved some furniture around. Put some stuff in the storage shed, so that we can shampoo carpets before winter.


One of my favorite things...a rainy day with a good book and hot chocolate.


From my picture journal...our fall family picture. Taken saturday.



4 comments:

lauraelizabeth4@outlook.com said...

Hi Julie~Thank you so much for visiting my blog today...and your comments. You have a beautiful family picture. I wish we could've gotten one with all of us in it this Fall...not yet. Also, saw that beautiful loaf of bread you made...how NICE.

Blessings to you,
Mrs. Santos

Mrs.C said...

What a beautiful family pic. You all actually had a sunny day? :o) We've had a few here and there, but the rain is back today. Loved reading your day book, once things slow down I hope to participate, right now Mondays are busy, busy w/ our co-op classes on Mon. afternoon.

dtbrents said...

You have a beautiful family. I love babies and they do grow up too fast. For the last five years I have been lucky enough to have grand babies to help care for. I have had one in my arm while doing my blogs a lot. They smell so good. Your bread looks fantastic. I will have to try making some. Doylene

Love Bears All Things said...

Ugh, you reminded me about changing out my clothes in the closet.
Loved that bread picture below, yummy. I'd like to try it.
Mama Bear

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...