Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I have been fighting the flu this week, so my dear husband made up a huge stockpot of this delicious soup. Homemade chicken noodle soup has always been my favorite soup. Probably because growing up, my mom's was amazing and always so comforting on cold winter days...or sick days. I love this creamy version. It has such a rich, thick broth. I hope you enjoy!


Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


4 large chicken breasts

4 T chicken bouillon

10 C water

1/2 large onion, finely chopped

1 C chopped carrots

1 C chopped celery
1 minced garlic clove

1 tsp parsley or poultry seasonings

salt & pepper

10-14 oz egg noodles

1 pt heavy cream

1 C sour cream


In large pot, boil the water with the chicken, chicken bouillon, onion, carrots, and celery, and spices for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.Remove chicken and add egg noodles. Boil until tender. Meanwhile, dice cooked chicken. Place chicken back into pot and simmer until ready to eat. Add heavy cream and sour cream and heat through, but do not boil. Add more sour cream to get desired thickness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...