Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook - Oct 19th

A look into my simple life....and others at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook Blog

FOR TODAY...October 19th


Outside my window... a gorgeous sunny autumn day for the kids to play outside! We've had cabin fever with all the chilly rainy days last week.


I am thinking...that Logan is too little to be saying "thats just not cool Mom"


I am thankful for... a freezer full of meat for the winter. Ready to start using some of the soup bones!


I am wearing... my flannel pj pants and a tshirt. Can't believe I admitted that! I will be getting dressed before we go to friend's for supper ;)


I am remembering...to set the tv to record "Castle" and "Diners, Drive Ins & Dives" this evening.


I am going... to try taking some family pictures of the kids tomorrow.


I am reading...Deceived by James Scott Bell


I am hoping... to start a new writing project soon. Been holding off til we became a bit more adjusted with having a baby in the house.


On my mind... the highs & lows of parenting. How difficult it is to teach/train little ones...without focusing all on the negative. Have been having a lot of disciplanary issues, feel like what we've been doing isn't working. Any ideas or suggestions?


From the learning rooms... as Peggy @ Simple Woman's daybook said "outside living". The kids loved beiing outdoors today. I did work on some phonics with Ashleigh while Logan was napping.


Noticing that... honeybees are out en masse today.


Pondering these words... "It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." - Laura Ingalls Wilder


From the kitchen... kitchen is clean and clear for the day. Heading over to some friends for fajitas tonight.


Around the house... my pumkin pie candle is burning on the counter. A fall breeze is coming in the back screen door. My mom is watching fox news....and baby Keira is cooing. We've finished the cleaning chores and laundry for the day. Enjoying a quiet afternoon.


One of my favorite things...roly poly babies :)


From my picture journal..."chubby cheeks"


1 comment:

dtbrents said...

You have a beautiful baby. It's wonderful having a baby in the home. I love to smell their heads. Your candle sounds great. Doylene

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...