Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...March 23rd 2009
Outside my window... a windy, sunny, March day is turning into a dark afternoon as the storm clouds start to roll in.
I am thinking... what a wonderful time I had this past weekend. I turned 32; had a 3-day visit from my mom, sister Janie, and sister-in-law Carol; and went to the first garage sales of the season!
From the learning rooms... just finished up spring-break.
I am thankful for... my sweet family and friends who made my birthday special.
From the kitchen... there is a left-over piece of birthday angelfood cake & strawberries calling my name. We'll probably grill tonight, before the rain hits. I'm craving grilled hot dogs & some of Tammy's baked beans!
I am wearing... my new maternity jean capri's from a garage sale find and a comfy gray t shirt,...oh and my orange Estes Park Colorado ballcap.
I am reading... some old letters from my Dad, that my mom brought down.
I am hoping... I can find a flower-girl dress this week, for Ashleigh to wear at my sister's wedding in June.
I am creating... don't know, but it feels like chaos!
I am hearing... thru the open windows -children playing & flying kites; and the ice-cream truck coming down the street.
Around the house...lots of laundry, book cases being sorted & moved around, 4 "new" wooden dining room chairs that need polished.
One of my favorite things... looking at scrapbook magazines and making plans for new layouts to do someday. I was excited to discover a huge stash of such magazines at a garage sale saturday...61 in all!
A few plans for the rest of the week... more spring cleaning, starting some seeds for our little garden, homeschool co-op class, catching up with an old friend.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...a favorite sign of spring. Our blue hyacinths are blooming this week.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...