Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pinning!

So, a few weeks ago I came across this amazing website called Pinterest. Anyone heard of it before? Of course you have! This site has quickly become a "must join site" for many in the blog world and for good reason. Its basically a virtual bulletin board. You can create boards about anything and everything and can collect pictures of things that inspire you from practically anywhere online. Just like, "back in the old days", we would rip pages out of magazines to keep an idea or picture of a house we liked, etc...only now, it just takes a click of a mouse and you become a Pinning Machine!




"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests." from the P site.

I love it! I love how easy it is. I love that I can just save that one particular picture/idea. I dont have to bookmark an entire site or blog and then wonder later why I did.

Some of my boards: Gardening, Inspiring Spaces, DIY & Tutorials, Refurbished, the Learning Room, Kids Crafts, Homemade Gift Ideas, the list goes on and on.

Pinterest is an invitation only site...you can sign up online, but can take weeks on their wating list. If you are interested, comment below and let me know because I can send you an invite :)

I recently created a new board for myself on wooden pallets. Yes, pallets. I discovered a gem of an old pallet on the curbside waiting for trash pickup. I knew I could something with it. So much potential. But what.....?! And then....Pinterest! Ahhhhh
I thought I'd share with you all some of the wooden pallet love and maybe even inspire you. :)











 

Sharing on:

2 comments:

Sally said...

Just came over from WFMW. I too have been hearing a lot about Pinterest. Please send me an invite. Sounds like it might be addictive:)
scbel123 at gmail dot com

Notice the difference in the l and the 1. Confusing, but I didn't realize it at the time.

Thanks,
Sally

Elizabeth said...

I enjoy your blog and would love an invite to Pinterest. eberzaskratzer at gmail dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...