Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today -June 29th, 2009 -

Outside my window... this morning, bluebirds were flittering around on the fence. I enjoyed watching them, wishing we had some houses up for them. Now as it is so hot in the late afternoon sun, the blinds on the west side are all closed.


I am thinking... about the 3rd trimester of this pregnancy, and how the constant heart burn stage is now here.


From the learning rooms... life. Everyday is a new adventure and discovery of some sort with these two.


I am thankful for... air conditioning! I'm a country girl at heart and usually enjoy having the windows all up letting the summer breeze & smells float through the house. But this summer, I guess with it being so humid and me being so pregnant, I am finding I need the a/c.


From the kitchen...an iced-cold glass of sweet tea :) Though I should be thinking about supper plans. I try to have a menu plan for the week, but it hasnt been accomplished yet.


I am wearing...shorts & a t-shirt


I am reading... just finished a sweet little novel called Rose House. By an author I had never read before, Tina Ann Forner. Its a story of grief and hope, centered around a little rose-covered cottage in the vinyards of Sonoma Valley.


I am hoping... that this baby is born with lots and lots of dark hair. Isn't that what heartburn supposedly means? haha


I am creating...a pattern for a new diaper bag. I found some good tutorials online that gave me some good ideas, and I found some cutesy material over the weekend at Hobby Lobby. My tan pillowcases from last week turned out great. The huge sheet ended up making 4 cases plus a long one for my body/maternity pillow. And even enough leftover that I think I will try to make a pillowcase dress for Ashleigh...which I intended to try last summer but never did.


I am praying...for a smooth & restful week.


Around the house...signs of summer. Picnic basket sitting empty by the backdoor. Seashells on bookshelves. Red, white, and blue.


One of my favorite things... old-fashioned 4th of July celebrations. With lemonade and blankets on the ground. Fireworks.


A few plans for the rest of the week... a MOPS trip out to the blueberry farm tomorrow morning, followed by a park picnic tomorrow night where we each showcase/swap our favorite blueberry recipe; freezing blueberries; a visit to the city pool; a little friend's birthday party; and a big cook-out on Saturday.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...










Read other Simple Women Daybooks at its temporary summer location: Grandmother Wren's blog

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hi, Julie,
I enjoyed my visit to your Daybook very much.

I hope you get some comfort at this point in your pregnancy. You must be about the same age as my twin daughters, who are both expecting also. One is due in August, and the other in October.

Your son and daughter are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...