Monday, December 29, 2008

My last Daybook entry for 2008

Here is my Daybook entry for today ~ Dec 29th, 2008

Outside my window. . .today was an unseasonably spring-like day. People had windows open, were doing yard work even! Kids on Christmas break enjoyed playing out in the sunshine.

I am thinking. . .about the pro-life message in the new Horton Hears a Who movie. Very interesting.

From the learning room. . .still on vacation til next week....but as always, still learning. Ashleigh recieved some Strawberry Shortcake math flashcards from a cousin for christmas. So she has been "playing' with those this week. Logan decided today he wanted to study the pottychair today and wear "big boy potty pants".

From the kitchen. . .spaghetti & meatballs, salad, & breads. Christmas sweets still hanging around...

I am wearing. . .my new warm, fuzzy, fleece jammies! :) From my sweet mother and father-in-law.

I am creating. . .not one teeny tiny thing.

I am going. . .to take down the tree and stuff tomorrow.

I am reading...emails that I got behind in.

I am hoping. . . we get a really nice big snow here, in our town, this winter. I keep seeing pictures of everyone elses snow.


I am hearing. . .children giggling in their beds. My mom visiting with Fred.

Around the house. . .my mom is staying with us this week. Having her here has been such a blessing. Being able to talk and laugh, watch movies together, and share memories of Dad. She also has been helping me clean. Floors are mopped & shiny.

One of my favorite things. . .my husband's new, huganteous, griddle. Hold a ton of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, etc... we enjoy having breakfast for supper occasionally :)

A few plans for the rest of the week. . .finish cleaning the house. Take down the tree. A new year's eve service at church. Make a resolutions list!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... our little Christmas band. They love their new instruments...and spend hours playing together with them.

As always, thanks for stopping by. If you would like to read of other ladies - check out The Simple Woman's Daybook to find the list of this week's participants.
Have a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...