Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook


Read other Simple Women Daybooks at Peggy's site: The Simple Woman's Daybook

For today - August 17th 2009 -


Outside my window...the rain is pouring down. Thunderstorm just rolled in from the west. I love the sound of it pelting against the glass door. Good day for a nap.


I am thinking...about my to-do list, and how close I am to being done. Whoo hoo


From the learning rooms...the public schools around here all start this week. But we will wait til after Labor Day. With upcoming baby arrival, Ashleigh's birthday, and out-of-state family visiting, seems wise to wait til it calms down some.


I am thankful for...some down time this afternoon to put my swollen feet up.


From the kitchen...we were going to grill hamburgers tonight, but may fix meatloaf instead if the rain keeps up.


I am wearing...comfy, stretchy shorts & t shirt.


I am reading...Nicholas Spark's new paperback "The Lucky One". I have been waiting for it to come out, so was super-excited when I saw it the other day. Thought it would be a good read for my upcoming hospital stay....(like I'm going to have time to read!)


I am hoping...


I am creating...a clean and organized house!


I am praying...for God to open the doors for my family that lead to His will and not my own.


Around the house...toys have been sorted and re-organized, my desk is cleared & papers filed, washing machine is doing yet another load,

One of my favorite things...the smell of fresh rain in the country.


A few plans for the rest of the week...savoring the moments and making memories with my precious kids, while there are still just two. We'll to a Haiku Art Party tomorrow morning. A Go Fish concert friday night. As well, as our homeschool co-op classes start this week.

I also have our first fall MOPS steering team meeting, my last OB appt before the c-section next week, and my in-laws arrive this weekend from Texas.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... I actually dont have a picture!! aacckkk

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...