Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday's Simple Woman's Daybook

Here is my Daybook entry for today ~ Oct 6th 2008

Outside my window. . .its already dark outside. A sure reminder of the fall season, as well as the smell of woodsmoke wafting in from a house down the road.

I am thinking. . .about the chocolate cake sitting on the kitchen counter.

From the learning room. . .Ashleigh is learning her vowels & vowel sounds. We have discovered that Logan has picked up his numbers...probably from big sister. He can count to 10!

I am thankful for. . .dear friends. Through this season of overwhelming grief, my family has had so many friends who have comforted us, encouraged us, blessed us.

From the kitchen. . .matzo ball soup from a sweet jewish couple, who wanted to make me some jewish comfort food.

I am wearing. . .sweats, t shirt.

I am creating. . .some autumn decorations and centerpieces.

I am going. . .to help Ashleigh make a pumpkin pie this week. We visited a pumpkin farm yesterday afternoon where she picked out a huge pumpkin.

I am reading. . ."Nurture" by Lisa Bevere. I saw her speak on this at the conference this past weekend. About making heart-connections. Nurture (verb): 1. To give tender care and protection. 2. To encourage to grow, develop, thrive, and be successful.This beautifully describes what God's daughters so desperately need. In this heartfelt work, Lisa explains how women of all ages must awaken and restore their capacity to give and receive nurture.

I am hoping. . .

I am hearing. . .Dancing with the Stars...and my children wrestling in the living room floor.

Around the house. . .fall cleaning - clearing out kitchen cabinets, re-lining shelves.

One of my favorite things. . .raking leaves. Hearing them crunch under my feet. Smelling that musty, earthy, autumn-ness :)

A few plans for the rest of the week. . .baking with Ashleigh; MOPS; homeschool co-op class;

Here is a picture thought I am sharing. . .the view from my hotel window while at the Joyce Meyers Conference this past weekend -- the St Louis Arch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...