Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - Aug 2nd



For Today: Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011


Outside my window...my tomato plants are drying up and looking sad. I must remember to water them tonight. A couple days ago we had 30 wild turkeys outside our kitchen window. Bobbing around in the neighbors yard. A few big hens, mostly babies.
The kids loved watching them and imitating a turkey call. Meanwhile, my husband was beside himself with excitment :P He is anxious for bow season.


I am thinking...about my to do list. A balancing act! Over at Domestically Divine Divas, we are focusing on Peaceful Homes for the month of August...schedules and routines. i think its a good thing...I need a refresher course!

I am thankful for...air conditioning. It hit 108 degrees here today! The actual temp, NOT the heat index. Ugh. They said it was the hottest Aug day ever recorded in MO.

From the learning rooms...focusing on chores, adding more responsibilties. Getting settled in for when school starts.


In the kitchen....cold-brewed iced coffee

I am wearing...gray shorts, and hot pink tee

I am creating...a new MOPS site for our group.


I am going...to stay out of the chocolate cookies today. :(

I am reading...(still) To Win Her Heart, by Karen Witmeyer

I am hoping...to hit a nearby city-wide garage sales this weekend.

I am hearing...our new Bop It game making the rounds.

Around the house...got the floors mopped in kitchen and two bathrooms, smudges magic-erased from walls, and laundry put away for the day.

One of my favorite things...Pinterest!! Adore it. Don't know what it is? Hmmm...well, more to come on this later this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a trip to walmart, still working with the kids on learning new chores and responsibilities, another dentist appt for me, conquering my to do list.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…a couple of summer bugs that the kids have discovered.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...